Wednesday, July 8, 2015

9/11 Memorial

It was very deeply meaningful to me as Pastor of First Church to spend some quiet momests at the Memorial that recalls the horror of terrorists acts which killed nearly 3,000 people on September 11, 2001.   The museum brought back very painful memories of the events that we witnessed, the fears about what was happening in our world, and the ways in  which so many people's faith was strengthened, their resolve made more firm, and their commitment to love and enjoy life as a precious gift of God.

I deliberately went to the marble slab on  the North Tower memorial which has Jean Roger's name on it.   I did not know her, of course.  But I sensed a powerful connection to her which drew me to stand silently and prayerfully touching her name.   Jean and I share a spiritual connection, as do each of you  who are reading this blog:  we are part of the same church family, we love one another and belong to one another.  

I hope we can all resolve to live each moment of every day fully with love and joy, making a difference in the lives of those around us, seeking to make the world a better place for all people.  That is one of the lessons that I am reminded about, as I remember the sudden and tragic deaths of those women and men and children.

Let us seek to live with all people in peace.   Dr Jay

1 comment:

  1. Jay, your reflections on the World Trade Center memorial and the photos are deeply moving. I also have been struck deeply there, and felt the loss of so many lives in that place.

    May it touch each of our mission Youth and water the seeds of peacemaking in them each step of the way!

    ReplyDelete